...generates XPaths while browsing or inspecting HTML/XML/*ML documents; evaluates your XPaths and inspects the results; extracts the content.
New version 1.4.5 avaiable on Feb 17th 2010. Firefox 3.6 compatible.
The XPather is a simple Firefox extension that integrates both with the browser and its DOMInspector. Thus, is't very lightweight and cross-platform. It is valuable mainly as a web/XML-app development and hacking tool.
- HTML, XML, *ML - DOM tree navigation, XPath generation
- Document debugging
- XPath testing and evaluation
- Simple data extraction (textual, web-clipping)
- Pattern recognition, searching
- DOMInspector navigation toolbar
- Customizable XPath generation
- XPath evaluation
- XPath/Regexp syntax checking
- Feature rich XPath Browser
- Relative XPath support
- Frames, IFrames support
- Cross-frame XPath evaluation (NEW)
- Namespaces and default namespaces support (NEW)
- Optional RegExp content matching
- Content extraction tool (text, HTML, WebClip, ...)
- Accessible from DOMi, or browser context menu
You may want to read some user comments and ratings of the XPather on the Mozilla official extensions repository - addons.mozilla.org.
Find a brief kick-off tutorial and the complete documentation in the documentation section.